Monday, July 2, 2007

How to wear SARI


To wear a sari is not a big deal for Indians.

Like in southren parts of the country women wear sari even at night. Wonder how do they manage in sari.

You need to wear a "Petticoat"or underskirt and a "blouse" underneath.
You wrap the sari over Petticoat, make pleats, and tuck the edge in petticoat. as illustreated in the pictures.

On Saturday i wore sari in fact my mother helped me to wear one, and she took more then half an hour. :) As we belong to the part of colourful India where women wear suits, instead of sari.

But certainly sari makes you look more beautiful and sensual.
:)

8 comments:

  1. and somebody looked very beautiful
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :) blushing.

    Though u did not see me...but ohh yaa u have seen de picts, and my dear spartan pictures can be deceptive.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure looks complicated to me, he he. Maybe it will be easier once you get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh, ya i does look complicated but once u start doing it, it's not that difficult as well.. Hey do let me know once u try it. :) All the best, and for sure will look more beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its looks complicated to me! But it makes you look beautiful!

    www.rosshetherington.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha ha , have you ever tried it Ross??

    If yes, do send me your picts if possible shall put on my blog:)...need preety women's pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, are u from india? i hvae just read a beafutiful book settled in india, "clear light of day", and i would like to know an indian person :) I am very fascinated by this country. my msn address is: julli87@msn.com if u'd like, contact me please. greetings, giulia

    ReplyDelete