Sunday, June 24, 2007

Stupid, Chacha.com :-X


A friend of mine, is mad about blogging and net surfing. Every other day he comes up with some new funny site URL.
On Friday he suggested me chacha.com, some new award winner search site. Award winner, because they have personalized the search. Every time you type some thing to search, they will ask if you need more help, than chat live with a guide. By clicking on that a chat window opens, and you chat to someone, to get more accurate results.


I typed my friend’s name, and in chat window i told this person i am looking for the contact details of a friend of mine. A long lost friend. First of all its very slow. One can easily get irritated just waiting for the person to reply. To my surprise they displayed a page saying you are using abusive language and logged me out, and have written if it’s sent to you by mistake then please write to us at abuse_resolution@chacha.com, we will check at our end. I have sent an email to them on Friday its Monday today no reply from their end.

So why would some one search through them. To wait endlessly for results or to get logged off and to add insult to injuries display some page saying you are being abusive.

There goes the chat with the guide--------------------------

Status: Connecting ...
Status: Looking for a guide ...
Status: Connected to guide: Ken(84170)
Ken(84170): Welcome to ChaCha!
Ken(84170): Hi
Ken(84170): How may i assist you?
You: hi
You: can u find contact details of
You: palin
You: palin ningthoujam?
Ken(84170): sure
Ken(84170): let me look that for you
You: thnx
You: who long would it take??
Ken(84170): There you go
Ken(84170): Have a good day
Ken(84170): Please RATE ME. Thanks for using ChaCha.
Status: Session ended.

4 comments:

  1. Suddenly we are all up on chacha - maybe because of the Indian connection. Chacha meaning uncle in Hindi :-)

    I suppose the cultural differences do influence the searches since there is human involvement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I search my name(I'm not that famous) on Chacha(shameful name!)it gives me result which seems to insinuate that I am an organization which is currently running into heavy losses(which, btw, is not true. I have incurred huge losses, but, I am not an organization as yet.). When I do the same in Google, it tells me that in the past I had won an award in college sometime back (which by a funny twist of fate is absolutely true!). So, I would not play the foster nephew to this Chacha and stick to my doting uncle - Bill Gates and use the Google. Sorry Chacha, you are the black sheep of the family. - Satyam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Satyam,

    Thnx for ur comments buddy :), u sure are famous wid us..
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey PN,
    thnx for the comments. But this site is real slow.
    keep commenting :)

    ReplyDelete