Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Are we new age PR professionals?


I am a PR professional and i love my job. Not only i am enjoying my work , but there is also this new interest I have hooked in to from about 7-8 months, and that is reading blogs on PR 2.0, communication, as i don't want to be left behind. India PR blog is my favorite PR blog.

I am amazed to see that how many people, with immense passion, write on PR and how PR profession is evolving.


But it’s saddening to know “Social Media” is still an alien term for PR professional at large in India. Not only they are ignorant to it, they are not even interested to know. I asked PR people of an eminent PR agency in India about Social media and to my horror none of them knew about it and what disgusted me the most they said “it's shit”

When all these people are there in the profession do you expect “ BlogsPodcasts” making there way in to traditional PR practice?

3 comments:

  1. Nice post!!!

    www.rosshetherington.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive just recovered from a survear (sp) case of throat infection the doctor thinks it was tonsilitus (sp) and Glandular Fever (sp) all at once :(

    Im better now though (unless it comes back) :)

    you?

    www.rosshetherington.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankies :)

    Woot my blog seems to be taking off a little today - I have no idea why I have to wait for the stats at the end of the day.

    www.rosshetherington.com

    ReplyDelete