Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What to buy??

When we buy beauty products, we spend twice or even more than that of our decided budget, most of the time we get a bad deal for our money. I feel embittered when a brand talk big in advertisements and you only realize what a cheater they are only after spending good money. These big brands cajole you into buying their products and you get nothing but frustration in return.
But….. my lucky stars are shining the brightest :).

I have found a wonderful and cheap body lotion CHARMS in INA market. Earlier I had bought DOVE body lotion for INR 280, and I think it is 250 gm and this cream is nothing but waste of money. After putting the cream if you scratch your skin you will still see marks made by your nails. This means, your skin is not completely hydrated or soft.
So I decided to buy this other cream about one litter, printed price of the cream is INR 135, which I got at a discounted price for INR 70. I was little hesitant about using this cream, as it was so cheap, so I applied it on my feet only. The other day I gained bit more courage and used it on my legs, and this lotion is just fantastic. My skins become so soft. Now, I am using it everyday. Infact, my sister has also got one for herself.

I think all these big brands spend hell lot of money on advertisements and then suck all that money from, us, consumers. The brands which are unknown, don’t advertise, are cheap and are good quality too. You just have to check out the market, each shop, buy such products in small quantity and give it a shot. You never know you can hit the jack pot like I did :).

So thumbs down to, five times costlier, DOVE; and big round of applause for CHARMS.

3 comments:

  1. wah wah. cheap and best. let's stick to it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to feeling this way! Sometimes the more inexpensive products are best and help you save a lot more money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you Kei. and with that extra money you can buy more products :)

    ReplyDelete